Saturday, October 21, 2017

PS4 Controllers for use on PC gaming


Hey there guys, Endblade here.

Below is a post that I half finished back in late 2015 and forgot to complete it. I will now attempt to post it with updates.

Original post 2015:

Having just got Witcher 3 a few days back (Review coming up!), I struggled like a madman to attempt to digest and internalize the controls. I can safely say the WASD keys and Mouse to play Witcher is REALLY HARD. Well why you may ask? Just imagine - The Camera pans together with your mouse, which means you can't mimic the console and serve the camera to aim at the back while riding on the horse in a direction.

The sprint/gallop on the keyboard is a hassle to reach, to hold down L-Shift AND use WASD to maneuver at the same time is a burdensome activity which got my pinky really tired. The combat portion of the Witcher 3 on keyboard makes it HARD as HELL to dodge enemies. This is pretty bad considering that you have to dodge quite often, especially against monsters which you can't just simply parry or block with your sword.

Hence my controller purchase. After the purchase, I was really satisfied as I felt I wa snow playing on a PS4 BUT on a more intimate level - just me and my computer screen, which was a comfort as I detest people coming up to interrupt me and stare at me when I game.

The model of controller I got was the new PS4 design, the stock pictures are below (Too lazy to take a photo and upload anyway), take a look, I find these new colourways much better than the generic old black/blue/red colours which are really dull.

E3_2015_Mediakit_018
Silver was the only one available, I would have chosen Gold had the choice been given to me. But hey, this isn't half bad haha. The controller has a good build, you can tell the years of research and effort gone into improving the PS controllers over the years have helped to create what the controller has become today. The touchpad of sorts is alos pretty good, I can control my mouse via it! Amazing huh. Battery life is decent, it can be linked via Bluetooth to create the wireless experience.

For software, if you don't already know by now, there is NO official software released by Sony to make it compatible with the PC (marketing tactic to buy their PS4...I WON'T SUCCUMB SONY).

If you're deciding between PS4 or other controllers, definitely get the PS4 controller. It may be slightly pricier, but if you're an Asian (like how I am) and have smaller hands, the PS4 controller affords you a lot more dexterity and flexibility than the normal controller.

Update in 2017:

Plus, it is long lasting. I have had it for 2 years and it STILL works perfectly. I have played countless games on it (FIFA, Witcher, Transistor, Pyre etc.) and it doesn't have any disconnect issues or battery problems, since it is fully rechargeable.

So if you asked me - which controller would I recommend? PS4 hand down no competition.

Until Next Time,

Endblade


No comments:

Post a Comment