Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Random thoughts about Vanguard!! and other stuff #1

Hey everybody, hope you guys are having a great Tuesday! So today I just wanna mention some random thoughts I have about Vanguard. Well if you happen to be blogsurfing or something and come across this blog, I welcome you here and I hope you take the time to read my posts (I'm a newb when it comes to tech stuff and social media stuff like blogging, any comments on how I can improve the blog or what I can write about would be great, but for now I might put up more deck profiles soon enough on my other decks, so stay tuned!

Recently, I haven't got about to playing Vanguard these past week or so, mainly because I've been so busy with school (yes I go to school) and with exams coming round the corner, I find it difficult to meet my friends for a game of Vanguard or two, but I might try and play a few games and squeeze in some playtime so I don't get too rusty, although I really think Vanguard as a game really depends on luck of the draw. Well almost all card games rely on luck but I think it applies especially for Vanguard, where a single trigger check could make the difference between winning and losing the game. But that adds to the charm about Vanguard, its' unpredictability (although that can be disputed too, especially if you cheat, but where's the fun in that?).
There was this time where I double crit-ed (this is a word) my friend when we were just playing for fun and so I just went balls to the wall and put my trigger on my Vanguard when he blocked for two to pass, and the amazing feeling when you get a double crit, or even that miracle heal when you thought all hope was lost really makes Vanguard so fun.

 I say this from experience, I have played Yu-Gi-Oh way back ( well not so way back) during the Yu-Gi-Oh GX season and even for a small period during 5DS, and Yu-Gi-Oh in some sense gets quite repetitive, especially when you play against the same type of decks over and over again, you kind of anticipate certain moves by your opponent. Not to mention Yu-Gi-Oh cards constantly churn out new, more crazy stuff ( I heard there's this XYZ thing that came out) and old decks kind of get obsolete.

But not so with Vanguard. Well it could be that Vanguard is barely 2 years old, but I find that old decks (like Alfred Beatdown, as well as more unorthodox decks like Neo Nectar still stand a fighting chance with the game equalizer of triggers, and while there has been some disputably OP (overplayed, overpowered, whatever you interpret it to be) cards like Dragonic Descendant, the recent Chaos Breaker Dragon and whatnot, I find that older decks can still match up and put up a good fight with the newer decks.

I've also played Duel Masters way back when they still printed the English booster packs, and although I find that game kind of fun, it was a pity they discontinued the English series, it had so much potential if you ask me. I haven't tried Magic: the Gathering, mainly because I heard that the learning curve is pretty steep and the holes it burns in your pockets are pretty huge (correct me if I am wrong).

 
Other than that, onto other stuff that are not so card-related,  recently I was surfing (is this term outdated?) around Youtube and I came across a music video which was hilarious, if you guys don't know already, its The Fox by Ylvis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Go check that out if you haven't already! And other music videos by Ylvis, those are pretty crazy too. But that's about it from me today, hope you all have a great day and until next time,

EndBlade

No comments:

Post a Comment